Complaints Policy in the practice
Bramley Dental take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service.
When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This complaints policy procedure is based on these objectives. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Mattia Thompson or Lisa Brown, our Practice Managers.
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to Mattia Thompson or Lisa Brown immediately. If Mattia Thompson or Lisa Brown is not available at the time, then brief details will be taken and Mattia Thompson or Lisa Brown will be informed at the first instance. (eg: if she is on annual leave). The patient will be told when Mattia or Lisa will be available.
3. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it. (Mr Soni or Mr Hindmarsh)
4. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Mattia Thompson or Lisa Brown.
5. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
6. The NHS complaints regulations do not require complaints to be investigated within a set timescale but we will agree an individual timescale depending on the nature of the complaint. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible.
7. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
8. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
9. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
9a.) NHS England PO BOX 16738 Redditch B97 9PT Telephone 0300 311 2233 Mon to Fri 8.00am to 6.00pm excluding bank holidays Email England.firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line put “For the attention of the complaints manager”
9b.) The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment.
All Dentists and Dental Care Professionals at Bramley Dental Practice are registered with The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ Copies of this policy are available at the reception desk last updated October 2016 by Mattia Thompson and Lisa Brown.